A Town More Silent Than Ever
We are urged to just STAY HOME! #StayHome. While even more restricted policies are put in place.
A Somber PM
Italian PM Giuseppe Conte delivered another somber speech with new more restrictive measures;
The activities of bars, pubs, and restaurants are therefore suspended (all day and not only after 6 pm). While home deliveries remain guaranteed. Hairdressers, beauty salons, canteen (cafetterias) services, markets of all kinds close. Instead, tobacco stores, laundries, and newsstands will be open. Plumbers, mechanics, gas stations and funeral homes will also work. Industries will remain open but with “security measures”, that is, provided they guarantee initiatives to avoid contagion.
No More Running
Just yesterday I was sort-of-content that I could go running still. I am lucky that I live close by a park, and it was easy to just jog there, and then run the park up and down, depending on my energy of the day. But no more!
I do not know if some people are still doing it, but I am the compliant type. If they suggest staying home, I just do it. There will be the time in the future for it. Besides I have a son that calls me to recommend “No more gallivanting!” 😁 Funny to hear children scolding parents. My son lives in Stockholm, where things are not as bad as in Italy, but not for long, I’m afraid.
Being Home—Keeping Positive
I am a domesticated animal and being at home is not a problem. I decided to look up those never-ending lists of “eventually I’ll do it” lists, and go thru it dutifully. So here are a few at random things:
1. Read those camera manuals cover-to-cover;
2. Tackle my Reading Lists., and is also the moment to re-read those unforgettable books that made an impact;
3. Increase my presence in the Good Judgement Project, with which I’ve been cooperating since 2013. It is a fantastic way to learn more about Geopolitics, International Relations, Economics, and many other subjects. But most of all it is the best way to learn how to research, how to think, and not making stupid assumptions;
4. Eliminating some of those cooking books I have been meaning to for the past year or two; and
5. Taking photography indoors. Something I stopped to do for no reason.
Last a Pledge
If I look back to just a week ago, it is mesmerizing how this virus hit us so fast. While I know that many have, or will have the same problems donations are most welcomed.
It is possible to make a payment with the reason “Italy called” to the current account made available by the Civil Protection.
Treasury ACCOUNT 22330 made payable to the Prime Minister, Department of Civil Protection
BIC: BITA IT RR ENT CIN: J
The proceeds will go to the intensive care units most “stressed” by the ongoing emergency.
Stay Home, Stay Safe